It is a very common problem that the file used to import your transactions ( Bill, Expense, Check, Credit Card Charges, Journal Entries &, etc.) into QuickBooks may not contain exact Account names as you have in your QuickBooks Online. It could be due to the following scenarios.
- The file is generated by a 3rd party app that does not follow the same name as QuickBooks Online.
- The file is manually created. But we don't follow the same name as QuickBooks Online due to our business.
This Account Lookup feature will be very helpful if you run into the above issues.
You need to follow below simple steps to match your own Account names with QuickBooks Names.
Step 1: Navigate to Import Settings (Settings Menu >> Import Settings).
Step 2: Click On "Account" and click on the "Lookup" Tab.
Step 3: Download the Sample Template and update your Account details with QuickBooks Names.
Step 4: Upload the updated file.
How does it work?
Once you have imported the lookup details, SaasAnt Transactions (Online) will find the Account details from the lookup and replace it with QuickBooks Name while sending data to QuickBook Servers.
File Reference: It contains the names as per your QuickBooks Import file.
QuickBooks Reference: It contains equivalent Account Name or Account Name in QuickBooks.
1. What will happen if I have the same name in QuickBooks and Lookup table(File Reference)?
Our app first tries to find a match from your QuickBooks Online. If it does not find the proper Vendor, then it will check your Lookup data. So if you have the same names, it will take the name from QuickBooks rather than Lookup.
2. Can I delete all my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Clear" option.
3. Can I download my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Download" option.
4. Can I delete/edit one of my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Use GRID filters to find the lookup and click on "Delete" or "Edit"
5. Can I use Account Number as a QuickBooks reference?
Yes. You can use it.
6. Can I just add one more lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Add" option.