It is a very common problem that the file used to import your sales or Expense transactions ( Invoice, Payments, Sales Receipts, Bill, Bill Payments, Checks &, etc.) may not contain the exact Tax Code names as you have in your QuickBooks Online. It could be due to the following scenarios.
- The file is generated by a 3rd party app that does not follow the same name as QuickBooks Online.
- The file is manually created. But we don't follow the same name as QuickBooks Online due to our business.
This tax code Lookup feature will be very helpful if you run into the above issues.
You need to follow below simple steps to match your own tax information with QuickBooks Names.
Step 1: Navigate to Import Settings ( Settings Menu >> Import Settings).
Step 2: Click On "Product / Service " and click on the "Lookup" Tab.
Step 3: Download the Sample Template and update your File Reference and it's equivalent tax code from QuickBooks.
Step 4: Upload the updated file.
Step 5: Now the GRID will have your Tax Code Lookup list.
How does it work?
Matching a Tax Code in QuickBooks:
Once you have imported the lookup details, will find the tax code details from the lookup and replace it with Tax Code from your QuickBooks while sending data to QuickBook Servers.
File Reference: It contains the names as per your QuickBooks Import file.
QuickBooks Reference: It contains an equivalent Tax Code from QuickBooks.
1. What will happen if I have the same name in QuickBooks and Lookup table(File Reference)?
Our app first tries to find a match from your QuickBooks. If it does not find the proper Tax Code, then it will check your Lookup data. So if you have some names, it will take the name from QuickBooks rather than Lookup.
2. Can I delete all my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Clear" option.
3. Can I download my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Download" option.
4. Can I delete/edit one of my lookup data?
Yes. You can. Use GRID filters to find the lookup and click on "Delete" or "Edit"
5. Can I just add one more lookup data?
Yes. You can. Click on the "More" button on the same screen and select the "Add" option.