Deciding to migrate your accounting from Excel to QuickBooks Online is an important step to undertake. With this guide, we’ll explore steps you can take to extract and import data into QuickBooks to complete a successful Accounting Migration.
Prior to beginning an Accounting Migration, it is important to note that there are certain prerequisites you will need in SaasAnt beforehand.
These prerequisites include:
- Download the Bank & Credit Card Statements.
- Prepare your sales and expenses in an Excel file if it is spread across multiple files.
- Reconcile your Bank & Credit Card statements against your payments.
Scope of the migration:
The following information will be migrated.
- Opening Balances
- Invoices and credits (AR)
- Bills and credits (AP)
- Purchase Orders
- Bank Transactions (Deposits)
- Master Data Migration: Chart of Accounts, Customers, Vendors, Products & Services, Employees
- Journal Entries will be used to bring balances & adjustments if needed.
- Only reconciled account periods (months) will be migrated.
- Multi-currency transactions will be converted into Home currency and migrated into QuickBooks.
- The detailed history of Closed Transactions is not migrated ( like customers, product details, etc )
- Inventory Details / Adjustments are not part of this migration.
How does It work?
Schedule a meeting with SaasAnt Migration Experts at your convenient time using this link
Migration Experts will explain the scope of this migration and the prerequisites for the migration.
You will be invited to upload the transaction data via the migration assistance tool. The invitation will be sent to your email address to create the migration account. You will be asked to fill out the migration-related simple questionnaire.
As part of this process, you need to fill in your transaction details in migration-friendly file templates. Our Migration Expert team will guide you in this process.
After the successful upload of your data in our migration-friendly file templates, the Migration Expert team will validate the file information and communicate the changes if needed.
The SaasAnt Migration Expert team will migrate the master data and transaction details into your QuickBooks. You will be notified and asked to verify the migration.
Feel free to reach us via email. We are just a few clicks away.