Transfer/ Migrate Data From QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online
In this article, you can find all the information you need to migrate your account data from QuickBooks Desktop into QuickBooks Online.
How does the data migration work?
The data from QuickBooks Desktop will be exported into a CSV file using "SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop)" and the exported file will be imported using "SaasAnt Transactions" for QuickBooks Online.
Note: For seamless migration, we've broken it down into easy steps.
1) You need to have a valid license for 'SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop)' (QuickBooks Desktop) and an active subscription for 'SaasAnt Transactions (Online)' (QuickBooks Online)
2) Admin privileges are needed to convert the data from QuickBooks Online to QuickBooks Desktop.
3) Create Necessary Sales tax Items and Sales tax group Items in the QuickBooks Desktop file.
4) Enable the Multi-currency feature in the QuickBooks Desktop file if it is enabled in QuickBooks Online.
Exporting your data:
1) Launch "SaasAnt Transcation ( Desktop )".
2) Select the "Export" button.
3) Select QuickBooks Transaction/List Type" as one of the values based on the below table (an equivalent entity of QuickBooks Desktop) and the Date Range and click search.
4.) Once you have the search result, Click on the Download button and save the file. (Follow the same for all the transaction types).
Importing your data into Quickbooks online
1) Select the "New import" Menu.
2) Upload the exported file
3) Select your spreadsheet which has the invoices that you want to import.
4) Select the QuickBooks entity (Suggest you import the lists first and the transactions)
5) Set up the Mapping of the columns in your Import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks.
6) Select the Review Tab
7) Click on Upload
Note: If there are any issues during import an error may display after the import process.
Supported transaction types
In the table below, we've noted the equivalent transactions and lists for QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
|Chart Of Accounts||Accounts|
|Credit Memo||Credit Memo|
|Sales Receipt||Sales Receipt|
|Refund Receipt||Item Receipt|
Vendor / Expense Transcation
|Expense||Credits card charges and Credit|
|Bill Payment||Bill Payment|
|Purchase Order||Purchase Order|
|Vendor Credit||Vendor Credit|
|Credit Card Credit||Credit Card credit|
|Journal Entry||Journal Entry|
|Time Activity||Time Tracking|