It is a very common problem that the file used to import your sales or Expense transactions ( Invoice,Payments,Sales Receipts,Bill, Bill Payments , Checks & etc.) may not contain exact Tax Code names as QuickBooks Online. It could be due to following scenarios.
- The file is generated by 3rd party app which does not follow the same name as QuickBooks Online.
- The file is manually created. But we don't follow the same name as QuickBooks Online due to our business.
This tax code Lookup feature will be very helpful if you run into above issues.
You need to follow below simple steps to match your own tax information with QuickBooks Names.
- Navigate to Import Settings ( Settings Menu >> Import Settings).
- Click On "Product / Service " and click on "Lookup" Tab.
- Download the Sample Template and update your File Reference and it's equivalent tax code from QuickBooks .
- Upload the updated file.
- Now the GRID will have your Tax Code Lookup list.
How does it work ?
Once you have imported the lookup details, Our app will find the tax code details from the lookup and replace it with Tax Code from your QuickBooks while sending data to QuickBook Servers.
File Reference: It contains the names as per your file.
QB Reference: It contains equivalent Tax Code from QuickBooks.
1. What will happen if i have the same name in QuickBooks and Lookup table(File Reference) ?
Our app first tries to find a match from your QuickBooks . If it does not find the proper Tax Code, then it will check your Lookup data. So if you have same names, it will take name from QuickBooks rather than Lookup.
2. Can I delete all my lookup data ?
Yes. You can. Click on "More" button on the same screen and select "Clear" option.
3. Can I download my lookup data ?
Yes. You can. Click on "More" button on the same screen and select "Download" option.
4. Can I delete / edit one of my lookup data ?
Yes. You can.Use GRID filters to find the lookup and click on "Delete" or "Edit"
5. Can I just add one more lookup data ?
Yes. You can.Click on "More" button on the same screen and select "Add" option.