There may be situations where you need to update existing Sales Transactions (Invoice, SalesReceipt, Estimate, CreditMemo, Payment) in QuickBooks.
It can be achieved by two ways.
- Using your own File
- Export and Modify
Using your Own File
The files should have Reference No like Invoice No, Sales Receipt No or Estimate No. Excel Transactions finds the relevant transactions by this reference no. If you believe that there would be some duplicates for same reference Number ,then proceed to alternate method of update.
- Click on MODIFY menu and upload the file
- Map the Ref No and other fields in Field mapping screen
- Review and Upload
Export and Modify
It is possible that you may not have reference no in your transactions E.g. Payments. Please follow below steps if you don't have reference number. It is the best approach to avoid any manual errors.
- Click on Export Menu
- Search for particular date and download the file.
- Make changes to your transactions (Date changes,amount changes,etc..)
- Click on MODIFY Menu
- Upload the File
- Review & Upload
- Will it add more Line item Details or replace it?
It will replace it. So please provide all ACCOUNT and PRODUCT LINE ITEM DETAILS.
- I just want to update incorrect Date, Shipping address. Do I need to provide and map all the details like Line Items, etc.?
You don't need to. You need to have two columns. One with Reference No, other with Invoice Date or Shipping Details.