In this article, we are going to see how to Sync PayPal transactions into QuickBooks Online.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1. Connect your PayPal Company
- 2. Bring your Historic Transactions
- 3. Tune Your Sync Settings
- 4. Synchronize
- 5. Hassle-Free Reconciliation
You can Sync your PayPal Transactions with QuickBooks Online using SaasAnt PayTraQer - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks Online to synchronize PayPal data with QuickBooks Online.
With PayTraQer, reconciling PayPal transactions into QuickBooks online is just a click away. PayTraQer synchronizes PayPal Customers, Sales, Expenses, Payouts, Fees, Taxes, etc.. with your QuickBooks Online, keeping your books accurate and precise without the hassles of manual data entry.
Steps to Sync PayPal Transactions into QuickBooks Online:
1. Connect your PayPal Company
Follow the simple steps in this article to connect your PayPal with QuickBooks Online through PayTraQer.
2. Record your Historic Transactions from PayPal
Immediately after the connection, your last 30 days transactions will automatically appear in the Transactions dashboard. If you would like to bring earlier transactions, you can do so by clicking the "Download Historical Transactions" button. More on the Transactions Dashboard is available in this article. Just turn on this automation setting "Check Duplicate Transactions" and be sure that transactions that are already available in your QuickBooks Online will be ignored keeping your book error-free.
3. QuickBooks Online PayPal Sync Settings
A comprehensive set of settings is available with PayTraQer to capture and transform your data accurately. More on the sync setting is available in this article.
4. Synchronize PayPal with QuickBooks Online
There are two ways with which you can synchronize your PayPal transactions.
- Auto-Sync: Turn on the "Sync Automatically" feature in the Sync Setting and auto-sync your ongoing transactions without any manual intervention. Accurate reports of the synced transactions will be available anytime within the Synced tab for your review.
- Manual Sync: Sync the historic/ current PayPal transactions manually by selecting them in the Transactions dashboard. This way you choose and select the transactions to be synced.
Status of the synced transactions will be available with the Synced/ Error tab of the Transactions dashboard with more information on the sync context. More on the Transactions Dashboard is available in this article.
You have absolute control over your synced data and can be rolled back in case of any issues. You can do this from the Synced/ Error tab in the Transactions dashboard. All your historic synced data will be available for you and can be audited/ rolled back at any time.
PayTraQer automatically detects the PayPal fees in your payment transactions and records them in your QuickBooks Online.
There are a host of smart synchronization functions within PayTraQer to make sync accurate and reconciliation ready.
- Auto-Create function to create Customers/ Items/ Vendors that are not available in your QuickBooks Online during sync
- Tax Management function to configure/ auto-detect QuickBooks Online tax rates to manage the tax during sync
- Multi-Currency function to manage and record all your Sales/ Expense transactions associated with multiple currencies.
Undo/ Rollback Synced PayPal Transactions:
If you would like to undo the sync partially/ completely, you can do so in a single click by clicking the "Undo Selected" button. This way you have complete control over your synced data. After clicking the Undo button, you can choose to undo either the synced transaction alone or transaction with the created list entity (Customer, Item, etc.. ) as well.
Refer to this article to know more.
5. Reconcile PayPal Transactions with QuickBooks Online
With PayTraQer reconciling your PayPal transaction is very simple and just a click away. More information on reconciliation is available in this article.