Import Product/Services into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Products/ Services from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant Editions.
You can download the free trial of the software directly from the SaasAnt Website. Follow this article for detailed installation instruction.
Steps to Import Product/Services into QuickBooks
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your products/services to QuickBooks.
Click the Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to the File Selection screen of the Import Wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Item". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from the local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file locally.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download the Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instructions on the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Item Name||Text (Max Length: 112 Characters)||Full Name of the Item. ":" can be used to define with parent item|
With parent : Books:Comics1
|Item Type||Reference Text||Allowed Values:|
|U/M||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Unit of Measurement|
|Manufacturer's Part Number||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||The part number used by the manufacturer of the item|
|Purchase Cost||Decimal||Cost of the item in purchase Transactions|
|Purchase Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description used on Line Description for purchase Transactions|
|COGS Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Refers to the account that QuickBooks uses to track the original cost of goods that are eventually sold (Applicable only for Inventory Items)|
|Preferred Vendor||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Full Name of the Vendor|
|Decimal||price of the item in sales Transactions|
|Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description used on Line Description for purchase Transactions|
|Income Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Refers to the account that QuickBooks uses to track the original income with sales ( Name or Account Number of the account)|
|Expense Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Refers to the account that QuickBooks uses to track the original expense with the purchase. ( Name or Account Number of the account)|
(Applicable all the Item types except Inventory)
|Asset Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Asset Account for Inventory Type Items.|
( Name or Account Number of the account)
|Min ReOrder Point||Decimal|
Max ReOrder Point
|Quantity On Hand||Decimal||The number of these items in inventory|
|Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 159 Characters)||The Class name associated with this item|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for lists includes:
- Action When a Matched List Found: If an existing list entity is found with the given name then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Show Warning/ Update existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to managing list import are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org