Import Item Assemblies from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks. SaasAnt Transactions supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant Editions.
Basic Import Steps
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Assembly Items". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Assembly Name||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Name of the inventory item. Name must be unique, unless it is the Name of a hierarchical list object.|
|Cost||Decimal||Amount that the QuickBooks user expects to pay when ordering or buying this item, or the amount that was actually paid for this item|
|Manufacturer's Part Number||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||The part number used by the manufacturer of the item.|
|COGS Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Refers to the account that QuickBooks uses to track the original cost of goods that are eventually sold.|
|Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description used on Line Description for Purchase Transactions|
|Purchase Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description used on Line Description for Sales Transactions|
|Sales Price||Decimal||Price charged for this item|
|Tax Code||Reference Text|
|Income Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Income account corresponding to this assembly|
|Asset Account||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Refers to the account QuickBooks uses to track the current value of the company's inventory|
|Min Build Point||Decimal||Build notification point|
|Max Build Point||Decimal|
|On Hand||Decimal||The number of these items in inventory|
|Total Value||Decimal||Total value of this inventory. If Total Value is included, On Hand must also be included and must be greater than zero. If both On Hand and Cost are included, then Total Value will be set to On Hand times Cost, regardless of what Total Value is explicitly set to.|
|Total Value As Of Date||Date|
|Assembly Line Item||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Item reference from below options.|
Item Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, Custom Field, Look up
|Assembly Line Item Quantity||Decimal||Quantity associated with the Assembly Line Item|
|Bar Code Value||Text|
|Preferred Vendor||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for lists includes:
- Action When a Matched List Found: If an existing list entity is found with the given name then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Show Warning/ Update existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to managing list import are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- Will your application support Multi Line Imports for including multiple assembly items?
Yes. It will.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com