Import Employees from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks. SaasAnt Transactions supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant Editions.
Basic Import Steps
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Employee". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
Title of the Employee
|Characters||Name of the Employee|
|Characters||First Name of the Employee|
|Characters||Middle Name of the Employee|
|Characters||Last Name of the Employee|
Print On Check As
|Characters||Name of the Employee as printed on a check|
|Characters||Social security number (SSN) of the employee.|
Gender of the employee.
Date of Birth
Birth date of the employee.
|Characters||Marital Status of the Employee|
Address Line 1
|Characters||Address Line 1 of the Employee|
Address Line 2
|Characters||Address Line 2 of the Employee|
|Characters||City of the Employee|
Address Postal Code
|Characters||Postal Code of the Employee|
|Characters||Country of the Employee|
|Characters||State of the Employee|
|Characters||Phone Number of the Employee|
|Characters||Email of the Employee|
|Characters||Alternate Phone Number of the Employee|
|Characters||Work Phone Number of the Employee|
|Characters||CC Email address of the Employee|
|Characters||Mobile Number of the Employee|
|Characters||Other contact information|
|Date||Hire date of the Employee|
Original Hire Date
|Date||Original Hire date of the Employee|
Adjusted Service Date
|Date||Adjusted Service date of the Employee|
|Date||Release date of the Employee|
|Characters||Job Title of the Employee|
|Characters||Supervisor Name of the Employee|
|Characters||Department of the Employee|
|Characters||Target Bonus of the Employee|
|Characters||Employment Type of the Employee|
Full/ Part Time
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for lists includes:
- Action When a Matched List Found: If an existing list entity is found with the given name then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Show Warning/ Update existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to managing list import are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does..
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com