Import Chart of Accounts into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Chart Of Accounts from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant Editions.
Steps to Import Chart of Accounts into QuickBooks
Importing Chart of accounts into QuickBook Desktop with SaasAnt Transactions application is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import chart of accounts into QuickBooks from Excel.
Click the Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to the File Selection screen of the Import Wizard (Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Account". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from the local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file locally.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download the Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instructions on the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)
Name of the Account.Sub Accounts can be given as "ParentAccount:SubAccount"
|Reference Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)|
Name of the Account Type. E.g. Income, Expense.
|Text (Max Length: 7 Characters)|
GL Account Number.
Bank Account Number
|Text (Max Length: 25 Characters)|
Bank Account Number.
|Text (Max Length: 200 Characters)|
Free form text description of the Account.
The Opening Balance Amount.
Opening Balance Date
|Date||Opening Balance Date|
|Text (Max Length: 64 Characters)||Currency Code Ex: USD, CAD|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for lists includes:
- Action When a Matched List Found: If an existing list entity is found with the given name then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Show Warning/ Update existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to managing list import are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org