Import Vehicle Mileage into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Vehicle Mileages from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant Editions.
Steps to Import Vehicle Mileage into QuickBooks
Importing with SaasAnt Transactions is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your vehicle mileage to QuickBooks.
Click the Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menu bar to navigate to the File Selection screen of the Import Wizard(Step 1). You can easily enter mileage in QuickBooks using SaasAnt Transactions
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Vehicle Mileage". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from the local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download the Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instructions on the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
Vehicle Name/ Number *
|Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Name or Number of the Vehicle|
Trip Start Date *
|Date||Start date of the Trip|
Trip End Date*
|Date||End date of the Trip|
|Decimal||Odometer value at the end of the trip|
|Decimal||Odometer value while starting the trip|
|Decimal||Total distance covered|
|Reference Text (Max Length: 209 Characters)||Customer Name|
|Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Name of the Item|
|Boolean(True/False)||Status can be either True (OR) False/T or F|
|Text||Class name for the transaction|
|Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Any specific notes|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org