Import Sales Orders from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks. SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant Editions.
Basic Import Steps
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Sales Order". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Sales Order no||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Customer*||Reference Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Reference to the customer.|
Customer reference can be matched by Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Resale NO., Custom Field, Look up (configured via Import Settings)
|Sales Order date||Date||Date of the Sales order|
|Due Date||Date||Due date of the sales order|
|Terms||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Terms of the payment (Net 15, Net 30, etc., )|
|PO no||Reference Text||PO number of the transaction|
|Ship date||Date||Shipping date of the transaction|
|Shipping Address Line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||1st line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address Line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||2nd line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||City of the Shipping Address|
|Shipping Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||State of the Shipping address|
|Shipping Address Postal Code||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||Zip code|
|Billing Address line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||1st line of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||2nd line of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||City of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||State of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address Postal Code||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||Zip code|
|Shipping Method||Reference Text||Shipping method of the transaction(Ex: UPS, Federal, DHL, etc.,)|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Internal note to the organization|
|Message to Customer||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||A message to the customer of the transaction|
|Product/Service Name *||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Item reference from below options.|
Item Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, Custom Field, Look up
|Product/Service Quantity||Decimal||No. of products in the line item|
|Product/Service Rate||Decimal||Rate of each product|
|Product/Service Inventory BIN||Reference Text||Reference to the Item Site|
|Product/Service Inventory BIN||Reference Text||Reference to the Item BIN corresponding to the Site. Should be specified in the Site:BIN format.|
|Product/Service Amount **||Decimal||Amount of the whole transaction|
|Product/Service Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Class for each row of the transaction|
|Class||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Class for the whole transaction|
|Product/Service Sales Tax code||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||Tax code of the sales|
|Product/Service Taxable||Boolean||True/False (OR) Taxable/Non Taxable|
|Customer Sales Tax code||Reference Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)|
|Template||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||Template Name|
|Currency||Text||Reference to the Currency in which all amounts on the associated transaction are expressed|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||Default is 1, applicable if multi-currency is enabled for the company.|
The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified under Currency
|Sales Tax||Reference Text||Transaction Sales Tax Code|
|Customer Sales Tax Code||Reference Text||Tax Code corresponding to Transaction|
|FOB||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||FOB destination|
|Tax Inclusive||Boolean (True/False)|
Applicable only for QuickBooks Canada, UK versions
|Tax calculation method.|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customization for your file data is available with import settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Sales Orders with Sales Order Numbers from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported.
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.Same Sales Order Number needs to be presented in multiple lines to group the transactions.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- I don't want to create products automatically for my invoices. I can't create products before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You can auto-create unavailable products/ services Or turn this setting off in the import settings.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com