Import Estimates into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Estimates from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
Steps to Import Estimates into QuickBooks Desktop
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to File Selection screen of the Import wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Estimate". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file in local.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instruction of the steps are available in this article.
Mapping QuickBooks Fields
|Estimate No||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Estimate Reference number of the transaction.|
By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.
|Customer *||Characters||Reference to the customer.|
Customer reference can be matched by Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Resale NO., Custom Field, Look up (configured via Import Settings)
|Estimate date||Date||Date of the transaction|
|Due Date||Date||Due date of the transaction|
|Terms||Terms (Net 15, Net 30, etc.,)|
|PO No||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Purchase order number|
|Ship Date||Date||Date of the shipping|
|Billing Address line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||1st line of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||2nd line of the Billing address|
|Billing Address line 3||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||3rd line of the Billing address|
|Billing Address City||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Name of the City|
|Billing Address State||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Name of the State|
|Billing Address Postal Code||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Zip Code|
|Product/Service *||Reference Text||Name of the Product/Service (OR) Item|
|Class||Text||Name of the Class for the whole transaction|
|Product/Service Quantity||Decimal||No. of items for the line|
|Product/Service Rate||Numeric/Decimal||Per unit price of the line item|
Product/Service Inventory Site
|Characters||Inventory Site for the product/Service|
Product/Service Inventory BIN
|Characters||Inventory bin for the Product/Service|
Unit of Measure
|Per unit price of the Product/Service|
Product/Service Amount *
|Total amount of the line items. (quantity * rate)|
|Characters||Class for each row of the transaction|
Product/Service Sales Tax Code
|Sales tax code for the transaction|
|Product/Service Taxable||Boolean||Either TRUE/FALSE (OR) Taxable/Non Taxable|
Customer Sales Tax Code
|Reference Text||Sales tax code for the transaction.|
|Shipping Address Line 1||Characters||1st line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address Line 2||Characters||2nd line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address city||Name of the City|
|Shipping Address State||Name of the State|
|Shipping Address Postal Code||Zip Code|
|Memo||Characters||Internal organization note|
|Message to Customer||Characters|
Any message you would like to give to customer, which can be viewed by customer
|Tax Inclusive||Boolean (True/False)|
Applicable only for QuickBooks Canada, UK versions
|Tax calculation method.|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Estimates with Invoice Numbers from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported.
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.Same Estimate Number needs to be used in the groped lines.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- I don't want to create products automatically for my invoices. I can't create products before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You can auto-create unavailable products/ services Or turn this setting off in the import settings.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org