Import Credit Memos into QuickBooks Desktop
Import Credit Memos from Supported File Formats directly into QuickBooks Desktop using SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) - #1 user rated and Intuit trusted bulk data automation tool built exclusively for QuickBooks.
SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop) supports QuickBooks Pro, Premier, Enterprise, and Accountant Editions.
You can download the free trial of the software directly from the SaasAnt Website. Follow this article for detailed installation instruction.
Steps to Import Credit Memos into QuickBooks Desktop
Importing with SaasAnt Transaction is a breeze with our simplified and powerful Import wizard. Just follow a simple 3 step process to bulk import your file data to QuickBooks.
Click the Import button in the Dashboard screen or Import option from the File menu in the menubar to navigate to the File Selection screen of the Import Wizard(Step 1).
- Step 1 - File Selection: Select "QuickBooks Transaction Type" as "Credit Memo". "Select Your File" - You can either click "Browse File" to browse and select the file from the local computer folder or click "Sample Templates" to navigate to SaasAnt sample file locally.
- Step 2 - Mapping: Set up the mapping of the file columns corresponding to QuickBooks fields. This step will be automated for you if you use the SaasAnt template file. Download Sample Template file.
- Step 3 - Review & Import: Review your file data in the Review Grid screen and click "Send to QuickBooks" to upload your file data to QuickBooks.
More detailed instructions of the steps are available in this article.
|Credit memo no||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by SaasAnt Transactions (Desktop), and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Customer *||Reference Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Name of the customer for the transaction|
Customer reference from below options.
Customer Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, First Name, Company Name, Account NO., Resale NO., Custom Field, Look up
|Date||Date||Date of the transaction|
|Due date||Date||Due date of the transaction|
|Terms||Text (Max Length: 11 Characters)||Payment terms(Ex: Net 30, Net 15, etc., )|
|PO No||PO number of the transaction|
|Ship Date||Date||Shipping date of the transaction|
|Shipping Address Line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||First line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address Line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Second line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address Line 3||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Third line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address Line 4||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Fourth line of the shipping address|
|Shipping Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||City of the address|
|Shipping Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||State of the Address|
|Shipping Address Country||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Country of the address|
|Billing Address Line 1||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||First line of the Billing address|
|Billing Address line 2||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Second line of the billing address|
|Billing Address Line 3||Text (Max Length: 41 Characters)||Third line of the Billing address|
|Billing Address City||Text (Max Length: 31 Characters)||City of the Billing Address|
|Billing Address State||Text (Max Length: 21 Characters)||State of the Billing address|
|Billing Address postal code||Text (Max Length: 13 Characters)||Zip code|
|Billing Address Country||Text (Max Length: 1 Characters)||Country of the Billing Address|
|Shipping Method||Reference Text||Shipping via DHL, Federal Express, UPS, etc.,|
|Memo||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Internal note for the organization|
|Message to Customer||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||A message to the customer.|
|Class||Reference Text||Class for the whole transaction|
|Product/Service *||Reference Text||Product/Service (Or) Item of the transaction|
Item reference from below options.
Item Look up Strategies with Import Settings- Full Name, Custom Field, Look up
|Lot number||Reference Text||Lot number|
|Product/Service Inventory Site||Reference Text||Inventory site|
|Product/Service inventory bin||Reference Text||Reference to the Item BIN corresponding to the Site. Should be specified in the Site:BIN format.|
|Unit of Measure||Decimal||Unit measure|
|Product/Service quantity||Decimal||Quantity or no. of items of the transaction|
|Product/Service Rate **||Decimal||Per unit rate of the item in the transaction|
|Product/Service Amount *||Decimal||Total amount of the transaction|
|Product/Service Description||Text (Max Length: 4095 Characters)||Description of the items in the transaction|
|Product/Service Class||Reference Text||Class for each line of the transaction|
|Product/Service Tax code||Reference Text||Tax code of the transaction|
|Product/Service Taxable||Boolean||Boolean values of True or false (OR) Taxable/Non Taxable|
|Customer Sales Tax code||Reference Text|
|Sales Tax Item||Reference Text||Transaction Sales Tax Code|
|Currency Code||Text||Currency of the transaction(Ex: USD, CAD, EUR, etc. )|
|Template||Reference Text||Template reference to this Credit Memo|
All (*) marked fields are mandatory.
A host of powerful customisations for your file data is available with Import Settings. This is available in the Step 3: Review & Import screen or directly under "Edit" Menu in the menubar. Some of the very useful settings for transaction includes:
- Find Matching Transactions in QuickBooks by: Identifier to locate existing transactions in your QuickBooks.
- Action When a Matched Transaction Found: If an existing transaction is found for the above setting identifier then the corresponding action to be taken. You can choose to Duplicate/ Ignore/ Update/ Append existing transaction in your QuickBooks.
- Pre-Import Validation: Validate the complete file before importing to QuickBooks. By turning this setting ON, file rows will be imported only after cleaning up all the issues in file. This option however will delay the import.
More details about the settings related to Automatic creation of Items, Assigning reference number from the file, etc are available in this article.
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Credit Memos with Credit Memo Numbers from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported.
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will.Same Credit Memo Number needs to be used in the groped lines.
- I made some mistakes in the Import and my QuickBooks reports got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert my Import?
It is possible to undo the import completely/ partially with the Delete feature.
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. It does.
- I don't want to create products automatically for my Credit Memos. I can't create products before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You can auto-create unavailable products/ services Or turn this setting off in the import settings.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement in the import settings.
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample Template
- What are the file types supported by your application?
TXT, CSV, XLS, XLSX etc. Supported File Formats
- How do I report the issues if I am stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to email@example.com