You can import Time Activities from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using Excel Transactions software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to Excel Transactions App from QuickBooks AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QuickBooks AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Time Activities that you want to import
- Select the QuickBooks entity as Time Activities
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your Time Activities import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your Time Activities will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map the your file headers to QuickBooks Field in Step 3 of the import.
- You need to map your file headers to "Excel Transactions" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings per the QuickBooks screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com.
Excel Transactions Fields
|Name||Characters||Specifies the employee or Vendor.|
|Date||Date||Reference to the Customer.|
|Start Time||Time Format||The Time when the work started.|
|End Time||Time Format||The Time when the work ended.|
Maximum Value is 8760
|Hours of break taken between start time and end time.|
Maximum Value is 59
|Minutes of break taken between start time and end time.|
|Billable Status||Boolean||TRUE if Billable, FALSE If Not Billable.|
|Service||Characters||Service Name being offered.|
|Hourly Rate||Decimal||Hourly bill rate of the employee or vendor for this time activity.|
Possible Failures & Troubleshooting Tips
No matching reference found for this vendor/employee.
Please provide valid Employee Name or Vendor Name in "Name" field.
Customer needs to be provided if billable.
Please provide valid Customer Name in Customer Field.
The time duration is not in the valid range.
Kindly check the value in Start Time, End Time, Break hours, Break Minutes.
Invalid enumeration for one of these column(s): Billable Status.
Billable Status can be one of the following values
Billable, Not Billable.
Start time is after End time.
Start Time is greater than End Time. Please provide valid time duration.