You can import Receive Payments from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using Excel Transactions software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to Excel Transactions App from QuickBooks AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QuickBooks AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Receive Payments that you want to import
- Select the QuickBooks entity as Receive Payments
- Set up the a Mapping of the columns in your Receive Payments import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your Receive Payments will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map the your file headers to QuickBooks Field in Step 3 of the import.
- You need to map your file headers to "Excel Transactions" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings per the QuickBooks screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excel Transactions Fields
|Ref No||21 Characters||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by Excel Transactions, and QuickBooks auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.|
|Customer||Characters||Name of the customer.|
|Payment Date||Date||Date of the transaction.|
|Deposit To Account Name||Characters|
|Invoice No||Characters||Invoice no. of the corresponding invoice transaction tied to this payment.|
|Tracking No||30 Characters||Shipping provider's tracking number for the delivery of the goods associated with the transaction.|
|Reference No||Characters||The reference number for the payment received. (E.g. Check # for a check, envelope number for a cash payment, Credit Card Transaction Id for a credit card payment).|
|Memo||4000 Characters||Organization-private note about the transaction. By default, this note will not appear on the transaction records.|
|Currency Code||Characters||Reference to the Currency in which all amounts on the associated transaction are expressed.|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||Default is 1, applicable if Multi-Currency is enabled for the company. The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified by Currency Code field.|
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I want to import Expense with Reference Numbers from File. Is it supported?
Yes. It is supported. More Info...
- Will your application support Multi Line Transactions?
Yes. It will. More Info...
- I made some mistakes in the mapping. Your application imported wrongly. So my QuickBooks file got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert?
Sometimes it happens due to the wrong mapping. It is possible to delete the entire transactions which went wrong. Our DELETE feature is the rescue. More Info...
- I want to import Invoices using SKUs. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You need to enable couple of settings while importing. More Info....
- I want to get an email for each upload. Is it possible?
Yes. It is. You need to enable couple of settings while importing. More Info...
- Is there any specific Import Settings?
Yes. We do have couple of important settings for import. More Info...
- Does your app support taxes?
Yes. We do support Exclusive and Inclusive tax models.
- I don't want to create products automatically for my invoices. I can't create products before each upload. Is it supported?
Yes. It is. You need to enable couple of settings while importing more. However, you can control this behavior.
- My file has some specific date format. I don't want to change the file. Will your product support all date formats?
Yes. You can select the specific date format as per your requirement. More Info....
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample template for Imports.
- What are the file types supported by your application?
- How do I report the issues if I stuck ?
Feel free to send an email to email@example.com
Possible Failures & Troubleshooting Tips
The currency of the transaction is invalid for customer / vendor / account.
The given Currency is different than the default currency of the Customer. Please refer the Customer's Currency in QuickBooks and update the same currency in Currency Field.
Duplicate Document Number Error : You must specify a different number. This number has already been used.
There is another Receive Payment with same reference number. Please use the another reference number.
You have disabled "Auto Create List Entities" in Import Settings. By enabling this feature, QuickBooks will automatically assign numbers for the transaction.
Invalid account type: You need to select a different type of account for this transaction.
Please provide valid deposit account in "Deposit To Account Name" field.
Line amount should be greater than zero.
Please provide positive value in Amount Field.
No matching Invoice found.
Kindly provide the valid Invoice Number in "Invoice No" Field.
No matching reference found for this customer.
There is no match found for given Customer Name.
Please enable "Auto Creation of List Entities (Vendor, Customer)" feature in import settings to create the customer automatically.