You can import Locations/Departments from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using Excel Transactions software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to Excel Transactions App from QBO AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QBO AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file.
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Locations/Departments that you want to import
- Select the QBO entity as Locations
- Set up the mapping of the columns in your Locations/Departments import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your Locations/Departments will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map your file headers to QuickBooks field in Step 3 of the import. Some key steps below:
- You need to map your file headers to "Excel Transactions" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings as per the QBO screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com.
Excel Transactions Fields
||Name of the Location.
||Name of the Parent Location.