You can import Journal Entries from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using Excel Transactions software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to Excel Transactions App from QBO AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QBO AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file.
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Journal Entries that you want to import
- Select the QBO entity as Journal Entries
- Set up the mapping of the columns in your Journal Entries import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your Journal Entries will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map your file headers to QuickBooks field in Step 3 of the import. Some key steps below:
- You need to map your file headers to "Excel Transactions" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualise your current mappings as per the QBO screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excel Transactions Fields
||Reference number for the transaction. By default, this value is used only for internal processing by Excel Transactions, and QBO auto-generates a new value. This can be changed in the import settings.
||Date of the transaction.
||Organization-private note about the transaction. By default, this note will not appear on the transaction records.
||Line amount. Debits are expressed as Positive amounts and Credits as Negative amounts.
||Customer, Vendor, or Employee associated with the line, if any.
If the Account is Accounts Payable, the Debit line must have a Vendor.
If the Account is Accounts Receivable, the Debit line must have a Customer.
||Default is 1, applicable if Multi-Currency is enabled for the company.
The number of home currency units it takes to equal one unit of currency specified by Currency Code field.
||Indicates if the journal is an adjustment value.