You can import deposits from text files or Excel spreadsheets directly into QuickBooks Online using Excel Transactions software.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to Excel Transactions App from QBO AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button.
You can get the free trial of the product in the QBO AppStore.
Basic Import Steps
Click on "Upload File" Menu and upload your file.
- Select your file and spreadsheet which has the deposits that you want to import
- Select the QBO entity as Deposits
- Set up the mapping of the columns in your deposits import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section)
- Click Import and your deposits will be directly added to your QuickBooks company
The important step in the import is to map your file headers to QuickBooks field in Step 3 of the import. Some key steps below:
- You need to map your file headers to "Excel Transactions" fields.This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings as per the QBO screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Excel Transactions Fields
|Deposit No||21 Characters||Reference number for the transaction.|
|Deposit To Account||Characters||Account to which the amount comes in.|
|Date||Date||The date entered by the user when this transaction occurred.|
|Memo||4000 Characters||The Note about the Bill Transaction.|
|Account||Characters||Reference to the Account Name associated with the Deposit.|
|Received From||Characters||Customer or Vendor or Employee|
|Line Description||4000 Characters|
|Line Payment Method||Characters||Method in which deposits was received.|
|Line Ref No||Characters||Reference Number|
|Line Amount||Decimal||The amount of the line item.|
|Line Class||Characters||Reference to the Class.|
|Cash Back Goes To||Characters||Cash back account.|
|Cash Back Memo||4000 Characters|
|Cash Back Amount||Decimal||Cash back Amount.|
|Currency Code||Characters||The Currency Code for this transaction.|
|Exchange Rate||Decimal||The exchange rate of the given currency against the home currency.|
|Linked Transaction type||Characters||The linked transaction type can be payments, invoices, Sales receipts, Transfer & Journal entries.|
|Linked Transaction Number||Characters||The reference number of the transaction (Ex: If transaction type is Invoice, this field must have the invoice number)|