You can import Locations/Departments from Excel spreadsheets or text files directly into QuickBooks Online using the SaasAnt Transactions (Online) application.
Connect your QuickBooks Online to SaasAnt Transactions (Online) App from QuickBooks AppStore by clicking the "Get App Now" button. You can get a free trial of the product in the QuickBooks AppStore.
Steps to Import Locations/Departments into QuickBooks Online
To import Locations/Departments into QuickBooks Online using the SaasAnt Transactions (Online) application, follow the steps below
Click on the "Upload File" Menu and upload your file.
Step 1: Select your file and spreadsheet which has the Locations/Departments that you want to import.
Step 2: Select the QuickBooks entity as the Location/Department.
Step 3: Set up the mapping of the columns in your Locations/Departments import file to the corresponding fields in QuickBooks (Refer below Section).
Step 4: Click Import and your Locations/Departments will be directly added to your QuickBooks company.
The important step in the import is to map your file headers to the QuickBooks field in Step 3 of the import. Some key steps below:
- You need to map your file headers to "SaasAnt Transactions (Online)" fields. This mapping will enable us to import your transactions properly in to QuickBooks company.
- In the mapping screen, we have the "Preview Mapping" button which can help you to visualize your current mappings as per the QuickBooks screen with your file headers.
- Please refer basics of field mappings for more info. If you have any confusion or doubts, feel free to drop an email to email@example.com.
SaasAnt Transactions (Online) Fields
|Name||Characters||Name of the Location.|
|Parent Location||Characters||Name of the Parent Location.|
Most of us would have some questions while moving data to your QuickBooks Online. Some of them for your reference below:
- I made some mistakes in the mapping. Your application imported wrongly. So my QuickBooks file got corrupted. Is there any way to undo or revert?
Sometimes it happens due to the wrong mapping. It is possible to inactive the entire customers which went wrong. Our DELETE feature is the rescue. More Info...
- I want to get an email for each upload. Is it possible?
Yes. It is. You need to enable couple of settings while importing. More Info...
- Do you have any sample templates?
Yes. We do have. Sample template for Imports.
- What are the file types supported by your application?
txt, csv, xls, xlsx files
- How do I report the issues if I stuck?
Feel free to drop an email to firstname.lastname@example.org